On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 10:58, Andrei Raevsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to load kword from the command line I get this:
>
> QUOTE
> $ kword
> koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in
> kword's desktop file. Check your installation !
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> UNQUOTE
>
> I usually use Windowmaker, but I noticed that KDE seemed to have lost some
> of the links from the bottom task and is generally messed up.  This is
> true for *all* users.
>
> Kmail and kppp work just fine (thanks God!).
>
> This might have been caused by a recent data loss on my ext3 filesystem
> suring shutdown.
>
> What should I do?  Reinstall all of KDE?  Make a complete upgrade from
> Mdk9 to Mdk9.1?  I do not really need Kword (I use OpenOffice which works
> fine) but I do use plenty of KDE apps and the kmail/kppp pair is vital for
> me.
>
> And what's a "MimeType on kword's dektop file" anyway?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrei

Andrei;
I just caught this post in the other group, but will give a go at it
here: What about trying this - fire up Konqueror before any other KDE
applications - THEN after Konq is started, try to fire up KWord...

--
Mon Jul 21 13:50:01 EST 2003
 13:50:01 up 7 days,  5:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.18, 0.16

Other women cloy
The appetites they feed, but she makes hungry
Where most she satisfies.
                -- Antony and Cleopatra