> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:14:42AM -0700, Grant wrote:
> > I was following the Gnome vs. KDE thread and decided to try XFce4.  I've
> > downloaded and installed all the required rpm's in the correct
> order plus a
> > few others.  I also followed the instructions on the download
> page to add an
> > XFce4 entry to KDM, and I put the startup script outlined under
> "My startup
> > script" in my /usr/bin directory.  But when I select XFce4 from
> KDM I end up
> > in IceWM.  Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thanks!
>
> Grant,
>
> You can ignore the "My startup script" and use XFcd4's script, which is
> at /usr/local/bin/startxfce4. So, you'd have to edit
> /etc/X11/wmsession.d/19xfce4 (or whatever number you gave it) to point
> to that script in both the exec lines.
>
> Note that NAME in /etc/X11/wmsession.d/19xfce4 is case-sensitive in that
> you need to use the same thing in /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. So, if
> it's XFce4 in the first it needs to be that in the second.
>
> Clear as mud? As an alternative, if you want to use the "my startup
> script", did you make it executable? (chmod +x scriptname)
>
> Let us know how you get along.
>
> Cheers,
> Todd

Todd, thanks so much.  The key info for me was making the file executable
(so that's why those filenames are green).  I've installed all the packages
and am currently using your startup script.  What should my script look like
if I want to turn everything on and take it for a ride?  I don't seem to
have the default startup script under /usr/local/bin .  Thanks!

- Grant