On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:46:16PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>  So, you'd have to edit
> >/etc/X11/wmsession.d/19xfce4 (or whatever number you gave it) to point
> >to that script in both the exec lines.
> >

> Todd,
>   When I installed everything (I think) I did not get the above file (certainly not
> in the above location anyway).  Did I do something wrong?  Also, how do I modify
> scripts?  If I open the file I can read it but it doesn't let me change anything.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Jack

Jack, that is if you want to add an XFce4 entry to KDM, the graphical
login manager. If you don't want to do that, you can ignore it.

You *can* use the startup script I provided, but I really think
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4 is better. If you save it as .xsession
(backup your old .xsession if you have one) and choose "Default" in KDM,
it will execute the .xsession script. It has to be executable (chmod u+x
.xsession)

If you just log in via command line, you can execute
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4 to start xfce4.

I can't really help with GDM.

As far as modifying scripts, it must be a permission issue. Who owns the
script you want to modify? If you're talking about something system-wide
you most likely have to be root to modify it.

Todd

--
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom