I'm running 9.1 and have 2 problems with Audacity, on 1300 Duron with
512 Mb memory.

First, no sound. I have SiS7012 working OK using module i810 - sound out
in (e.g.) xmms and play but in audacity get 'error opening audio device
(change the device in preferences dialogue). In preferences the drop
down menu has one entry /dev/dsp (this is linked to /dev/sound).

Second problem, when I load a large MP3 file (over 100Mb) takes over 4
mins to load and program cuts out before fully loaded - no warnings just
disappears from screen.

Web search has no advice for me - any tips/hints, please?

Paul M.