From: ed tharp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 7:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] urpmi as a user and not root

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 11:05, Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> Dan,
>
> It is my works network which has the server. They don't want to create
> root account as this is a possible security risk due to it being one
of
> the most hacked accounts (as well as admin). So I can authenticate as
my
> user through my Linux box, so I tried the old trick of changing my
users
> gid and uid, but it still sends the root user and pass. Changed that
> back now though. All I need is a way to get root to send the auth to
the
> proxy server as me somehow.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony.

it is possible to add yourself or anyone else to a group like "wheel"
and give that group permissions to install anything that root has, heck
you can change the name of root, if you want to,,, it is linux after all

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street