To be honest, I don't know with any certainty, but I doubt
it....

Other ideas that occured to me was to setup a proxy on that
internal machine and use iptables to transparently forward
all port 21 stuff to the proxy, and have the proxy user
registed with the winblows proxy...

lol... I still think it might be easier to find out what
user wget is running as.. and register that with the
firewall.

Actually, if he tries running Mandrakeupdate, and runs top
in a terminal, he may well be able to find out what user
wget is using to access the ftp servers..

Still, there are more problems with that as well.

I personally think he should use rsync to mirror the updates
dir on one of the FTP server
then add that rsync'd dir as an update source for urpmi...

The whole lot could run from cron.

regards

Franki