On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 3:09 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 21:56, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Well argued, Stephen.  A construction company wants to construct,
> > a manufacturing company wants to manufacture.  They want a
> > computer to be a tool, not a master.  What you are offering them
> > is a dream solution.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Not a dream - a reality - the tools are here before us - before me;
> it's a "marriage"; and for as much as I would like to constantly
> live "in the linux world" I have to cater to the desires of the
> non-geek world - they just want things to work without question,
> without a doubt.

>From their perspective, a dream - more than they believed possible.
All they want, and it will just get the job done, no hassle.  From
your perspective, reality.  The end result, though is something that
really works, and that's all that matters.  If and when Linux can
give them the same problem-free usage without windows at all, that's
fine, but reality means living in today's world, so it's compromise
for the geek end, and dream solution for the company.

Anne