On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:18:04 -0400
Brant Fitzsimmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Got KDE 3.1.3 for 9.1 from Texstar last night.  No problems yet.

I upgraded to 3.1.3 a couple of days ago as well.  Unfortunately I did have problems.
After about 2 hours (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) it locks up the
entire machine.  The screen goes black, the mouse (optical) goes dead and the keyboard
won't respond.  I don't use KDE often (I prefer IceWM) but sometimes I'm in the mood
for a full featured desktop.  Not sure what's causing the problem... KDE has never
given me fits in the past.  My first thought was hardware so I tried out a different
video card, switched out RAM, stuff like that.  Still have the problem but I figure
I'll be doing a fresh install when 9.2 comes out so I think I can survive for a month
or 2.  I figure it's just a software problem... perhaps a conflict somewhere?  Who
knows.  However, when 9.2 comes out, I'll sure give it another shot.

Jerry.

--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600
 (o_  Registered linux machine # 185855