Jerry Barton wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:18:04 -0400
Brant Fitzsimmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Got KDE 3.1.3 for 9.1 from Texstar last night. No problems yet.

I upgraded to 3.1.3 a couple of days ago as well. Unfortunately I did have problems. After about 2 hours (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) it locks up the entire machine. The screen goes black, the mouse (optical) goes dead and the keyboard won't respond. I don't use KDE often (I prefer IceWM) but sometimes I'm in the mood for a full featured desktop. Not sure what's causing the problem... KDE has never given me fits in the past. My first thought was hardware so I tried out a different video card, switched out RAM, stuff like that. Still have the problem but I figure I'll be doing a fresh install when 9.2 comes out so I think I can survive for a month or 2. I figure it's just a software problem... perhaps a conflict somewhere? Who knows. However, when 9.2 comes out, I'll sure give it another shot.

Jerry.

That sucks. That sounds like it *could*, or not, be more than a KDE problem. Did you upgrade anything else?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)