On Saturday 02 August 2003 05:56 am, Paul graced me with:
> On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 10:42, Brian Parish wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
> Did you have to jump through hoops to get 1.4.4. installed? I mean,
> were there bunches of dependencies to fullfil?
> I'd appreciate the info!
> Paul

When I installed it on my laptop a several weeks ago, I used Ximian's
Red Carpet. I found out the first time I tried to upgrade to a newer
version of Evolution that this was the best, cleanest way to go. In
my judgement, Red Carpet is much nicer and easier to work with than
Mandrake's own Package Manager GUI.

I did have one problem that made me decide to not use 1.4.4. The
printer font was some weird contorted mess that I couldn't find any
way to change. Have you tried to print an email as yet? I went all
over the Web, Ximian's site, tried a few suggestions, looked around
in the configs. I must have been answer-dumb because I just couldn't
find any way to get rid of that stupid, useless font.

Outside of the font issue, I like 1.4.4. I didn't have that many
records in my Handspring and had to dump MDK on my laptop for several
reasons....ergo, not enough time with it to experience your problem.