hmmm, well I have the same thing, eth0 for internal, eth1 for external..

I have apache advx working for the most part, although I did suffer with
some probs running mod_perl apps, they only work with :8200 in the url, (I
use virtual named hosting).

other then that, I have half a dozen domains running php on this box.

I don't use MCC for much of anything, I have my smb.conf and do everything
else by hand, most importantly the network connections.

AS for the firewall, I have never used shorewall, i keep meaning to, then I
read posts like this one about it and decide to stick with gShield. (with
is a simple text config you answer yes or no to each quesiton and it just
works.)

Sad as it is to me, I'd like to say nice things about msec, as its a
fantastic idea in theory.. but even on the servers I set them to normal and
tighten things by hand.. every time I try a server setting, I have no end
of trouble getting things to work..

The problem as I see it, is that mandrake have alot of really good
programmers, but no really good software designers...

I also think mandrake should make a bunch of webmin modules for mandrake
specific tools.. msec should be a bumch oc checkboxes where you can choose
custom and just tick the items you want enforced.

I winge about mandrake alot, but i have to say that having tried several of
the alternatives, its still IMHO the best of the bunch for most things.

just my thoughts..

rgds

Franki