On August 3, 2003 07:40 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:

> Not sure what the problem was for you, but Apache Extranet server supplied
> with 9.0 and 9.1 and 9.2  did most definitely work out of the box for me.
> All I had to do was put my html in the cgi-bin and it was off and running.
> Shorewall was not a problem, I just checked the box for web server and all
> was accessible.  I did have to tell my ISP that the IP address in question
> should be resolved to my web page name and after a day I could access the
> site with just the .com name.  Apache Extranet took no extra work to config
> it just worked.  Gotta love the Mandrake.

Oh, I do love the Mandrake!

I'm increasingly suspecting the Dell box that I've got it all on as the
culprit for a lot of the problems I'm having.  Just for a lark I installed
everything on a much newer Sony and it all came up without a hitch, except
for having to hand configure the things that MCC was about to bork again.

The MCC issue is kinda curious.  It detects the NICs correctly and, unlike XP,
even identifies them properly.  It sees the ISP on eth1 and the internal
network on eth0 but the moment I let it go it reverses everything.  I'm also
wondering if it's little issue is that they're both DHCP assigned.  Still
it's a pain in the buttocks.

I'll have another look at it all in September when I stop working 6 days a
week and grab a couple of weeks off. :-)

ttfn

John