On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:03:34 -0400
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I know this has been covered here before, but all of a sudden my time
> setting resets every time the computer boots or reboots.  I've used the
> KDE control panel, the Mandrake control panel and the command line to
> reset the time to no avail.  This happened all of a sudden a couple of
> days ago.  Could it be that my motherboard battery has died?  Although,
> the calendar setting is OK.

When you reboot is the time
a) always a random time (example one time it's 4 hours ahead, nex time it's 3 hours 20
minutes slow)
b) always off the same number of hours (example: always 5 hours too fast)
c) always set to the same time (example: at boot the time is always noon)

This may help in finding out the problem.
If it's b then I would check your time zone setting.  mcc/system/date and time/Time
Zone button
I'm not sure about a or c though I'm sure someone else might have some input.

Jerry.
--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600
 (o_  Registered linux machine # 185855