[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 03:28, Jerry Barton wrote:

/On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:03:34 -0400
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I know this has been covered here before, but all of a sudden my time
setting resets every time the computer boots or reboots.  I've used the
KDE control panel, the Mandrake control panel and the command line to
reset the time to no avail.  This happened all of a sudden a couple of
days ago.  Could it be that my motherboard battery has died?  Although,
the calendar setting is OK.

When you reboot is the time a) always a random time (example one time it's 4 hours ahead, nex time it's 3 hours 20 minutes slow)
b) always off the same number of hours (example: always 5 hours too fast)
c) always set to the same time (example: at boot the time is always noon)

This may help in finding out the problem. If it's b then I would check your time zone setting. mcc/system/date and time/Time Zone button
I'm not sure about a or c though I'm sure someone else might have some input.

Jerry./

It's b), always 4 hours earlier but the time zone setting is correct.

Rich
--
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

When you say the time zone is correct do you mean the KDE time zone or the time zone diplayed by the taskbar clock? The clock in the taskbar can display a different time zone than does KDE as a whole.

I had the wrong timezone showing on one of my computers after I upgraded KDE. I was seeing Moscow time. Here's how I fixed it:

-Right-click on the clock in the taskbar.
-Go up to "Show Timezone" and select "Local Time"

I don't know if this will help you any, but I *hope* it does.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)