On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 00:54, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 07:35, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> > Hi,
> > This is a re-post - I hope someone has some ideas.
> >
> > In a PCI/ATAPI/IDE/USB system, how do I get a SCSI card recognised at
> > boot-up?
> >
> <snip>

> > I can get the SCSI card recognised *after* the system is up and running
> > by using modprobe. Then my SCSI device turns up as Host: scsi1, chan:0;
> > id:2; lun:0.
> >
> > But I lose the SCSI card when I power down.
> >
> > It's very frustrating - any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > DougB
>
> Have you tried to manually edit the /etc/modules.conf and add the
> necessary modules there? That way it would be perm...and you can try to
> do a "depmod -a"

Stephen,
Thanks.
I tried editing /etc/modules.conf manually (as also suggested by Dark
Lord  - many thanks), adding the following lines

probeall scsi_hostadapter aha152x
alias scsi1 aha152x

(but without any parameters - I don't know where they would come or
whether it matters. Does it?)

and also /etc/modules
adding another line
scsi_hostadapter

(and also tried variations on this - scsi_hostadapter1, etc.)

then depmod -a.

Didn't do a thing :-((.

If I put the
"probeall scsi_hostadapter aha152x
alias scsi1 aha152x"
in modules.conf *ahead* of
"probeall scsi_hostadapter usb-storage ide-scsi
probeall usb-interface usb-uhci"

on re-booting I found the "...aha152x.." had been overwritten by
"usb-storage..."

What do you suggest?

TIA
DougB