me wrote:
On Monday 11 August 2003 08:05 pm, Julien Sobrier wrote:

Hello
I have a SBC connection under Windows, but I am moving onto Linux. I
read some articles, and see that my ethernet modem should work under
Linux. But what information do I need to set up my DSL connection under
Linux? How can I know how to connect to SBC?

Thank you
Julien

Its actually much easier to set up in Linux than windows. In the Mandrake Control Center, go to Network & Internet, then Drak Connect and click the Wizard. Pick ADSL connection, click use pppoe, then fill in the following:

Provider name  sbcglobal.net
Account Login:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
account password:  [your secret word]

THEN do you want to start the connection at boot? more than likely YES.

then you should be on your merry way.

Jack
By the way, it is an ethernet modem.

julien