On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 12:19, Erylon Hines wrote:
> These people are all idiots if they even dream these patches will be applied!
> Many, many users are on dial-up, and how many people are really going to go
> online for hours every month in order to just download the patches.  The last
> one I looked at for IE was a full 9 MEGS, that would take me over 2 hours to
> download.  Every Symantic update takes 15-20 minutes to download on my
> sloooooow connection here in the sticks.  I'll be damned if I'm going to do
> that.  Linux Rules.

That's one of the issues that begins to sway a "future" linux desktop
user, mate - after they pay someone like me enough to fix them and I
keep telling them of this "other OS" that doesn't get affected like
this, they then turn. And I hit them one more time for doing an
installation of linux - and that's that...

--
Thu Aug 14 20:20:00 EST 2003
 20:20:00 up 11 days, 8 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.33, 1.54, 1.37

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.