Good day,
    I am having a problem with Netscape while running Linux Mandrake 6.5. I have set up my ppp and can connect to my ISP. After clicking to open Netscape I get the nice "Welcome to Mandrake Linux" Screen, but when I attempt to go to the Netscape Home, or any other site, I get the following error message.
 -----Unable to connect to the server. Perhaps there is a problem with your name server?  If your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropriate name server, It may (or may not) be necessary to set this variable, of the SOCKS host preference, to the IP address of the host in question rather than it's name.----
    I have set the hosts.allow to my ISP's server and the Host.deny to ALL. I have searched for the socket files that might contain a reference to Netscape but have not found anything.
    I am running a stand alone 100MHz Pentium with a USR 33.6 external modem on ttyS1 (have tried the cua also). Localhost name remains the same as installed and so is the address 127.0.0.1.
Thanks in advance.
    James