On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 11:37 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 11:13 am, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > Personally I find that http://scan.sygatetech.com/ is a better
> > firewall test site.
>
> Sorry for hijacking - but need clarification of sygatetech's report.
> It saw my outwardfacing ip - fine.  It saw Linux i686 and Netscape
> Navigator 5.0 - to be expected, I think.  Then, in services found, it
> said
>
> Web Server Found = Server: WindWeb/1.0.2
> FTP Server Open = 220 VxWorks (5.4.1) FTP server ready
>
> This is a complete surprise to me, as to the best of my knowledge I
> don't have either of these.  What is it seeing?
>
> Anne

Dunno. It reports my Web server and Mail server OK. Are you connecting through
a proxy?

Going a bit Off Topic I was surprised to see in the Sygate Quick Scan that my
ports 113 and 135 were reported as 'Closed' instead of 'Blocked' like the
others.  grc.com also agreed these ports were 'closed'.

A quick look at the FAQ on the shorewall site at
http://www.shorewall.net/FAQ.htm#faq4 tells me that shorewall will by default
leave these ports 'closed' because it cuts down on 'chatter' in Windows/Samba
networks. So thats another mystery solved :-)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net