Still think Dyson is the best though

ed tharp wrote:

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 03:26, Brandon Vanderberg wrote:
Brandon, as I see it tho, M$ built a system designed to require
expensive maintenance, as a business model. linus builds a system to
'work right' as an Operation system, as an Computer Operation System
model.

Let's see.... do I want an expensive vacuum cleaner that requires
expensive repair and a certificated maintenance tech to change the bag,
and it does not really have the suction, or beater brush the Other One
does, and is hard to push, but once you learn where the button to allow
you to push it, even a grown women can push it) , and the Other One,
while free, (all I have to do is pick it up, and the manufacturer says
if I like it, I can pay what I feel it is worth), made of the latest and
best components, and the manufacturer says "hey let us know how it
works, cause we want to make it better still, and we know it ain't gonna
ever be perfect, but we do have it so we think it should position itself
to catch spills before they happen.

Well, If I am a stock holder of Expensive Vac. company, I really like
the Expensive Vac. Brand, and want everyone to think 'hey that Expensive
Vac. is the way to go, heck the Other One Vacs. have a button to make it
easier to push, and Other One Vacs _don't_ even have a button to make it
easier to push, heck who is gonna fix your Other One vac, when the bag
is full, who you gonna call?? heck I don't even know anyone certified to
empty the bag on an Other One vac. (the fact that the Other One Vac.
empties its own filter, is totally missed by the stockholder for
Expensive Vac.

Know what I mean?