On Friday 15 August 2003 09:57 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 04:33 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > I have both installed but when I try to rip a audio CD I end up with
> > either empty files or in grip it gives me the :-l  face and quits. My cds
> > play ok but it acts like it cannot read them. I have notlame installed.
> > Not sure what to ask or what I may be doing wrong. Any suggestions.
>
> I guess I will ask again, I have read the manuals on lame ripperX, gprip,
> and still get nothing but empty mp3 files. I am missing something. No
> progress shows  on the bars or no % progress, after an hour not one track
> ripped. This is not what I expected, any ideas? I have reinstalled after
> uninstalling. Same thing. TIA
Thanks to all who helped. The process was a good learning experience. The
solution was indeed to change the CDROM! I put in a newer 40X and it runs
like a race car. All of the info provided by you guys helped in eliminating
possibilities and I finally did the mechanical thing. Thanks Again.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842