On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:49:03AM +0000, Roland Cruse wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:04:23AM -0400, Todd Slater wrote:

> > > I never paid attention to it till now. I've inserted it by hand in
> > > this email. I'am using mutt and when I reply to mail it leaves it blank I
> > > also tried with evolution and it also leaves the Reply-To: field
> > > blank. I am I missing something? Is it standard that the mail user
> > > agent (MUA) should fill it in?
> > >
> > > Roland
> >
> > Did you set your "from" in your muttrc? Like:
> >
> > set from="Bob Dylan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
> >
> I've got this:
> send-hook . 'my_hdr From: Roland Cruse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
> which I think does the same thing.
>
> I've typed in the Reply-to: in this email.

It may do the same thing, but it's not the same thing :) I think.

The send-hook is for matching expressions so normally one would set a
default "from" and then only use a send-hook if you wanted to change
your "from", usually depending on the sender or "to" address.

I just use the "set from" and don't mess with "reply to"; I use send-hooks
only when I'm subscribed to a list from my non-default email addy.
I haven't had any problem with replies.

Todd