On 16 Aug 2003 15:23:18 -0000
Roland Cruse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I use apache (2) for testing on my localhost. I've got a half a dozen
> local virtual hosts defined in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf.
> Each virtualhost is defined like so <Virtualhost mytestwebsite>. Plus
> there is a corresponding host entry in the /etc/hosts file
>  "127.0.0.1        mytestwebsite" for local domain name lookup.
> All virtual hosts are accessible this way from my local browser
> i.e. http://mytestwebsite/. At the top of the Vhosts.conf there is:
> NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1 to tell apache which ip.
> Everything works.

Methinks this is what I am missing, then, because I followed the
suggestion to use the specific domain instead of * and no change in the
results, ie. nodex.orderinchaos.org and orderinchaos.org still load the
same page. Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

Ok, without someone telling me to use Webmin (I like to see *everything*
I am doing, and I want to know how to do this on a system that does not
have Webmin), what does your /etc/hosts look like?

For my webserver, mine is just:

127.0.0.1       node3   localhost.localdomain localhost

Thanks all!