All:

I have copied the *.pfb files from the C:\PSFONTS\ folder to /usr/X11R6/lib/linux/X11/fonts/Type1/ (from memory). I then launched DrakeFont, clicked the Advanced button, and used the Add dialogue to build a list of these PS fonts. Then I clicked the Install List button and waited while DrakeFont called various utilities and 'installed' the fonts.

However, when I clicked the List Fonts button, they did not appear on the list, nor do they appear in the Fonts menu of any application. (I clicked all the checkboxes to install for AbiWord, etc.)

I was led astray because, in Windows and Mac OS, these fonts appear in font lists as 'Stone Serif', 'Stone Serif Italic', etc. but in Linux they list as 'ITC Stone Serif', 'ITC Stone Serif Italic', etc. So FontDrake had installed them correctly but I was looking for them in the S's instead of the I's!

Regards,
Hedley

Hedley Finger
   User documentation and technical writing
   Adobe(R) Certified Expert, FrameMaker 5.5
Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd   ABN 98 007 418 153
   Technical  consultancy for electronic publishing
   28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
   Tel +61 3 9809 1229   Mobile +61 412 461 558
   E-mail mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]