----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:31:43 -0700
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] dillo question

> Is your rc file  ~/.dillo/dillorc  ?
>
> Also, did you make sure opera is in your path?
>
> And did you restart (or start a new) dillo after editing the rc file?
>
> I just tried it with opera and it worked:
>
> #external_browser=firebird_newtab
> external_browser=opera
>
> Oh, wait. The open in external browser link does not show up when you
> right click a link.  You have to rmb somewhere else, and it will send
> the *current* url to a new browser.
> Is that the problem?
>
> eric
>
> > Greetings, I have downloaded dillo-0.7.3-1mdk.i586.rpm from Todd @
> > clevername.homeip.net and installed on my Mdk 9.1 system. It works
> > fine, but I can't seem to get the "open in external browser" option to
> > appear in my right click menu. There isn't an option as such in
> > .dillorc, but I tried adding: "external_browser=opera", to no avail.
> > This version is patched to have this option, but I can't find how to
> > enable it.
> >
> > Can anyone help me out with this little problem? Any dillo users out
> > there? TIA.

Thank you Eric, yes, my problem was that I was looking for the option "open in
external browser" when I righted clicked a link. ;-)
If I r-c in a blank area of a page, the option is indeed there, and opera will open
the current page when clicked. :-)

Thanks so much for the help. This list is such a blessing for us newbies.

Best regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.1~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year