Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Tuesday August 26 2003 09:54 pm, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Miark wrote:

It's possible the old mount setting in fstab is still active.
Have you checked mtab to make sure the partition isn't already
mounted?

Miark

There are no entries for either drive in mtab.

mtab is generated from fstab, an shouldn't be fooled with

Brant, try puttin your 1st CD in an check the partitions with the installers diskdrake. It could be that when you used diskdrake the changes were never made, or the partitions were never formatted for XFS, an they're still ReiserFS. Probly cause the partitions weren't unmounted. Also, with either ReiserFS or XFS, Civileme use to suggest a ext3 /boot partition. IME, it was/is good advice.

I did exactly that and that is what I found. I posted my findings to the expert list last evening. I forgot to post them here as well.

Was that "cross-posting"? If so...sue me (as long as it can be demonstrated that the exact same people frequent both lists). I do what it takes to get the job done. :-P

Thanks for the suggestions. :-)

IIRC, you're runnin cooker. FWIW, RC1 iso's look like they're comin to the mirrors today. The beta2 iso's are gone, and so far the RC1 md5sum file is posted. So maybe ya want to wait for those before fixin your partitions.

I saw that.

Warly, from Mandrakesoft, released the bittorrent info for them:

btdownloadheadless.py --url http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i586.iso.torrent --saveas MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i586.iso

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
  AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.25mdkduron
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
13:00:00 up  8:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.30, 0.14, 0.10

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)