On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 19:02, Michael Adams wrote:

> I think the reply was from someone in Sydney that has drunk too much Fosters. It
> doesn't gel with the rest of the PR. I think its a c-ck-up! A retraction / reversal
> wouldn't be handled this way.

1.) If it's truly from Sydney, they certainly wouldn't be drinking
Fosters. VB or Toohey's - possibly. Fosters - NOT.

2.) SCO ain't being looked on quite nicely here in Oz...Australian's
have to pay incredible amounts of money for American software that
generally ends up being more trouble than it's worth, so the general
attitude right now toward either Microsoft or SCO ain't a good one. A
lot of people are seeking to move to GNU/linux due to many reasons - ONE
is that it ain't controlled by a yank company. Sorry to piss off my
fellow countrymen, but it ain't like I'm a patriot to Big Biz anyways.

3.) There are an unbelievable amount of linux users here - those that
dual boot and those that are just hardcore into it full on, flat out and
over the top. That group ain't been happy with the SCO charade. Go
figure.

4.) SCO's on the verge of loosing out in Australia very shortly. A lot
of medical based systems were BOUND to SCO and due to it's lack of
flexibility, lack of performance, lack of really anything "modern", a
few agencies are looking to get out of the contracts they have because,
well, Unixware sucks bigtime, and doesn't have near the feature set that
GNU/linux has - nor will it ever.

Maybe what the bloke in Sydney said doesn't gel with the "yank stance"
from SCO's HQ in Mormonland, but it's quite close to the truth of where
they're standing right now. Aussies just don't have that colourful
bullshit like the American CEO's have.

--
Sat Aug 30 21:30:00 EST 2003
 21:30:00 up 5 days, 11:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.78, 0.69

Look out!  Behind you!