I have installed the driver which corresponds to the video card (by
manufacturer and model), I checked that.

I have not (nor do I know how to) tweaked the kernal parameters for the bus
or drive access.

I have turned off various services (using MCC) and it seemed to help, but
not one in specific service was obvious.  Is there a difference between
turning off services and deamons?

By fs, do you mean file system?  I dunno, I left that portion of the drive
unformatted when I installed W2kServ and let the Mandrake install handle
the Linux partition.  (It's dual boot, 30G Hitachi).

Thanks,
Max

Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@linux-mandrake.com on 09/03/2003
04:22:30 PM