Hi everybody!

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP installed on a 30GB hard drive
(with a single NTFS partition). I wanted to install Mandrake 9.1 with
dual boot handled by LILO.  I therefore installed Mandrake with the
"resize Windows partition" option.  However, it looks like I've lost
everything that was on this partition.  Is it because, during a resize,
only data on a FAT partition can be preserved, and not with NTFS?

When I do an "ls /mnt/windows", it gives the error "ls: reading
directory /mnt/windows: Input/output error". Also, when I boot with a
DOS boot disk, I can not even see any drive letter (such as C:, D:...)
but only the floppy drive A:

So I guess the other part of my question is, if I want to reinstall
Windows XP, how can I get back my C: drive letter in the first place?

Thanks in advance for any pointer,

Best regards,

Mathieu.