Hello Eric,

Sunday, September 7, 2003, 11:15:58 AM, you wrote:

EH> I can't understand why outhouse still allows executables to be
EH> run.

There are a LOT of people who can barely turn on their computers.
These people get very upset when something doesn't work, or a window
pops up, or.... whatever. M$ caters to these people by allowing
anything to do anything to anything - no protections at all. In the
absence of viruses, etc, this gives these people the 'best on-line
experience'. Unfortunately, it opens up the computer horribly, both to
security issues and to privacy invasions.

EH> If you want people to double click on files and have them
EH> opened up by the proper program, fine.

M$ would prefer to do this automatically, so the users doesn't even
have to double click. 'Better user experience.'

EH> But how often does it even make sense to run an executable from an
EH> email program?

M$ has 'ActiveX' and is greatly enamored of this idea. Again allowing
anything to do anything to anything - OK by them.

EH> As many times as i encounter it, i never get used to such blatant
EH> stupidity.

Yep.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]