On Monday 08 Sep 2003 1:28 pm, Tango Echo wrote:
> Anarky,
>
> I had a hard time with rear sound on my SB Live 5.1
> card.  It isn't fun. But fortunately I found a fix.
> Here's what I did to fix it:
>
> Start alsaguimixer
> Mute the "SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack" item
> Control the volume of the rear speakers by the "Wave
> Surround" Item.
>
> I played with it a little - lowered the front and
> raised the rears.  Finally it worked great!  Is this
> new info or of any help?

I don't think this is on the TWiki page about sound:
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/SupportSound

If you could add it, I'm sure it would help others.  If you need help,
the attached is an intro to TWiki editing.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302
First browse the page

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/WebHome

then sign up as a TWiki user.

Once you are signed up you will be able to add to or edit any page on the TWiki web.
You always view the edits before saving them, so it is easy to go back (browser back
arrow) and change anything if you make a mistake.

When making additions to a page, look at the previous entries and copy the format you
see.

Don't forget to copy and past your sig line from the footer of the edit page and put
it underneath your edit.

More detail about formatting can be found at

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/TWikiHowTo

Hope that helps

Anne