On Monday 08 September 2003 08:28 am, Tango Echo wrote:
> Anarky,
>
> I had a hard time with rear sound on my SB Live 5.1
> card.  It isn't fun. But fortunately I found a fix.
> Here's what I did to fix it:
>
> Start alsaguimixer
> Mute the "SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack" item
> Control the volume of the rear speakers by the "Wave
> Surround" Item.
>
> I played with it a little - lowered the front and
> raised the rears.  Finally it worked great!  Is this
> new info or of any help?

I spent a lot of time getting my rear speakers working when I installed
Mandrake 9.0 sometime last year. When I installed 9.1 when it came out,  they
quit working and I tried everything that I could think of and everything that
was posted on the list and nothing seemed to work.
Until today that is, this one worked. I spend most of my time lurking and
hopefully learning.
Thanks
David Williams

--