Hmm thw windows update doesn't get very far

BT websit enow works though. O2 I'm still having dificulties. I thik it has something to do with security. Someone once told me that Mozilla lacks the comercial stuff requred to do this (hince why it works in Netscaoe)

That make any sence?

Mike

Michael Lothian wrote:

Wow even windows update works

However the Sun Java VM complains and says I should install the one for IE lol

Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Eric Huff wrote:

I have one problem tho and that is my bank will not allow me to log in
on anything but ie is there anything which i could use that would fool

I usu fire up opera on a site that requires it, and then email the company and explain/complain that requiring microso*ft is a bad thing.

Konqueror has some choices, but i haven't tried them.  I think Mozilla
will do it, too.

Here's the trick for Mozilla:

-Type in "about:config" in the address bar.
-Right click on "Preference Name" and choose New => String
-Enter "general.useragent.override" as the name.
-Enter "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)" or "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)" as the string.
-Restart Mozilla and you're done.