On Monday 08 September 2003 11:21 am, ed tharp wrote:

> I think I see what you mean, and maybe, for you, a decoder might take
> some of the overhead from the CPU. I would see if I had something
> sharing the IRQ with the sound card tho. and see if moving the sound
> card might make some difference.  what does, as root, in a text terminal
> "cat /proc/interrupts" say?

 cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:   26116823          XT-PIC  timer
  1:     342338          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          5          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:     257731          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
 11:   31266512          XT-PIC  es1371
 12:    1788118          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:     230462          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:     521943          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:   26116206