On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 16:21, John Wilson wrote:
> On September 8, 2003 10:47 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 11:16, John Wilson wrote:
> > > Any help would be most appreciated.  Even from Stephen. :-)
> > >
> > > ttfn
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > I would tend to think that they'd have set you up with includes and
> > libraries that are specific to that package - so in using the .h
> > includes from the Mandrake distro, it might be conflicting...
> >
> > stephen kuhn - owner
>
> I think that's what they're doing in the extern.h file.  The question then is
> how would I get rid of the conflict?  I'm quite prepared to dig into the
> rather dense GCC documentation but some idea of where to look would be
> helpful.
>
> (aren't rookies a pain? :-) )
>
> btw, thanks Stephen.
>
> ttfn
>
> John

You might want to dig through the .c files to see which is calling what
.h file - and correct them as per needed; if you do a "locate
thisfile.h" and find several on the system, then you've really got to
start digging - and even in putting an absolute path to the particular
.h that you NEED to have - BTW, have you installed all the dev libs and
kernel sources on your system prior to doing any of this stuff - along
with making sure that you've re-run ldconfig to rebuild the lib path
cache?

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Well, my daddy left home when I was three, And he didn't leave much for
Ma and me, Just and old guitar an'a empty bottle of booze. Now I don't
blame him 'cause he ran and hid, But the meanest thing that he ever did,
Was before he left he went and named me Sue. ... But I made me a vow to
the moon and the stars, I'd search the honkey tonks and the bars, And
kill the man that give me that awful name. It was Gatlinburg in
mid-July, I'd just hit town and my throat was dry, Thought I'd stop and
have myself a brew, At an old saloon on a street of mud, Sitting at a
table, dealing stud, Sat that dirty (bleep) that named me Sue. ... Now,
I knew that snake was my own sweet Dad, From a wornout picture that my
Mother had, And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye... --
Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue"