n Thursday 11 September 2003 09:36 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

One thing to keep in mind about mounted drives, especially with removable media is that once you mount the drive and open it up with any application, the drive will stay active until the application is closed. So, if I open a konqueror window and navigate to the removable drive, even if I then move back to a hard drive partition, the removable device will stay busy until I close Konqueror.

If I open a command prompt, cd to the /mnt/removable device and then cd back to /home/user, the device will still stay busy until I close the prompt. That is in the GUI.

It does the same thing with a CD or DVD device. Not sure if this is material but thought I would mention it just...

I thought that supermoung-ng was supposed to fix this?