> > So, does that mean that in windows a jpg can contain a virus, too?
>
> I think they're refering to the attachment itself which probably has a
> double extension like xxx.jpg.pif
> Most ppl's wincomps don't show the second extension, and awaaaaay they
> go.
>
> I suppose you could hide some executable code in a picture ........
> but AFAIK you'd need at minimum some sort of code like .html to start
> it.

Ok, that makes sense. I thought i might have to add to my list yet
another way in which windows could mees people up.

As for hiding extensions, that is one choice i often wish people didn't
have...  (i hate when i have to help a coworker who has that turned on)

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org

Join the content organization discussion:
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/WebIndex

Join the General Wiki Development discussion:
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/DevelopingTheMandrakeCommunity#Discussion