On Friday September 12 2003 06:40 pm, Merlin Zener wrote:
> ls -l in the /usr/bin directory scrolls off the end of the page,
> and even scrolling back up doesn't go as far as files beginning
> with "c", so I don't know. I looked in 'man ls' but I didn't see
> any way to make it just show one screenful of info at a time.

    You shouldn't need 'ls -l'.  Check to see, type 'alias ll' in a
console, EG,
tom $ alias ll
alias ll='ls -l'
    It's long been a standard alias that Mandrake uses. To see all
of 'em (including any you've created) just type 'alias'.

   For displaying large outputs, use  'll |less'  and then you can
Arrow, Page down, or scroll with your mouse down thru the output,
either a page or line at a time.  EG,

          'll |less /usr/bin'