On Saturday September 13 2003 11:25 pm, David E. Fox wrote:
> >     Last I heard... September 20th, probly the announcement on
> > the 22nd. AFAIC, it's already ready. Install RC2, update to
> > current
>
> I've been upgrading via urpmi to cooker contiinually since I
> upgraded from RC1, so I figure I alrady have at least RC2. When
> was RC2 released? I haven't managed yet to burn RC2 disks, and
> will be on vacation so maybe final will be out by the time I get
> back (9/21).
>
> Judging from the activity in urpmi, there's a lot of changin'
> going on :).

     You're way past RC2 if you're currently updated. Since cooker
is frozen since RC1, it's just about all bug fixes up till now.
Unless you've got some weird hardware expectations, it's done,
_fini_. A lot of the updates (specially KDE, Gnome) are as trivial
as fixin spellin errors in the rpms' description/change log. Tho
new kernels are still comin, ie, kernel-2.4.22.8mdk is current, but
kernel-2.4.22.9mdk is the current change log. Probly be on the
mirrors soon.

   RC2 as near as I can tell was roughly a September 4 snapshot of
cooker. Can't be more precise since the Mandrake internal server is
always ahead of the cooker mirrors, even the primaries (sunsite,
sunnet, an now uninett), by a day or so. Sunsite still remains the
most current, tho I keep hearin they're fixin to retire.

  At this point I wouldn't bother with gettin RC2. OTOH, I'll be
late gettin the final iso's myself. Got'a go to Talladega an watch
'em run real loud'n fast next weekend. Hang out with my brother in
Alabama's temporary second largest city, the 'other' Mardi Gras....
twice a year ;)