d2ci1fj g1nf24 wrote:
Hi,
I'm using a U.S Robotics 56k modem and I can't get it to work. I set it up and rebooted then I ran the query and it found it. I tried to connect to the internet and it stays on initializing modem.
From,
Steven

HI Steven,
You may need to use the 'setserial' command to set up the serial port. What is the model # of your modem? Mine is 5610 and it uses port /dev/ttyS4. Lots & lots of infomation avialable on the internet. Use google to search for the information. If you have no luck finding the information & the modem is model 5610, I can send you what data I use with 'setserial'

HTH
Charles