-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carroll Grigsby
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 12:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Modem installation

On Friday 14 May 2004 07:33 pm, John wrote:
> Hello
> I have a external usrobotics usb faxmodem that I would like to use
on
> MD10 official if possible. Harddrake recognizes the modem but lists
it
> under scanner category. How would I get it setup to use?
> Thanks
> john

John:
Smells like a winmodem. Mandrake recognizes some of them, but others
need more
work. Start your research here:
http://linmodems.org
-- cmg

It is smelling pretty bad now. Everything I have looked at including
recent posts indicate that an external serial modem is the simplest
solution. Hopefully on future versions of MD I won't have the problems
that I have had on the last 3 versions.
Thanks for response
John