Frans Ketelaars wrote:

On Sunday 14 September 2003 17:54, John Richard Smith wrote:

I cann't figure out what's running in the background and preventing
me running kscd ,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kscd kscd is already running! [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

It makes no difference if I have a music disc in the drive or not.

Grip has no problem accessing the drive and playing the disc, but I
cannot use kscd.

How can I find out what is occupying the device, because I don't
believe the above message
Or rather if it is occupying the device it is in a background way. At
the moment I cannot launch kscd to play a disc.

Any ideas ?

John

I get this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
[...]
kscd is already running!
[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ killall kscd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.

etc etc ...

I have no idea what's the matter :(

HTH,

-Frans

Oh dear, that's worse than me, I wonder what it means.

I don't suppose this is a supermount related problem ?

I'm on automount myself. But I wonder whether some vestige of supermount is running things behind the scenes somehow ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]