On Monday 15 September 2003 15:12, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> >On Sunday 14 September 2003 17:54, John Richard Smith wrote:
> >>I cann't figure out what's running in the background and preventing
> >>me running kscd ,
> >>

> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kscd
> >>kscd is already running!
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#
> >>
> >>It makes no difference if I have a music disc in the drive or not.
> >>
> >>Grip has no problem accessing the drive and playing the disc, but I
> >>cannot use kscd.
> >>
> >>How can I find out what is occupying the device, because I don't
> >>believe the above message
> >>Or rather if it is occupying the device it is in a background way.
> >> At the moment I cannot launch kscd to play a disc.
> >>
> >>Any ideas ?
> >>
> >>John
> >
> >I get this:
> >
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
> >kscd is already running!
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ killall kscd
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
> >action.
> >
> >etc etc ...
> >
> >I have no idea what's the matter :(
> >
> >HTH,

> [...]

There was nothing wrong. I just overlooked the CD icon in the system
tray :( As you said: 'Well spotted Derek'!

I think 'kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to
deprecated action' just means kscd makes a call to kdecore that's
deprecated. It's just a warning.

I use supermount. But audio CD's can _not_ be mounted.

HTH,

    -Frans