"PSM 0x2710]" wrote:

> So what is the general opinion of Star Office?  Does anyone recommend it
> seriously or is there something that would do the job just as well?  Thanks all!
>
>  --
>
> Seth Gibson
> www.mp3.com/PSM0x2710
> members.tripod.com/cybernetic_thunder (Under Construction)
> To paraphrase my friend stephen:
> "life can be like ifs. . .random garbare goes in and beautiful things come
> out."

I think that StarOffice5.1 is a great program.  You can save files as
word97 file or a starOffice file.  The only problem that I have with
starOffice is the amount of memory that it can take up.  It is all
around great.  It also comes with a version of Excel and PowerPoint that
you can open and save files as the word versions.  The best part of all
of this is StarOffice is free.  I use it instead of that damn
office2000.  I have a copy 2000 it and I will not install it because of
StarOffice.

Sean