I can't afford that either (T1), I just heard that the cost was
dropping, and added it in with the other ideas presented. I will most
likely go with my local cable provider sometime in the next year.
They charge $40.00 per month for unlimited service, and guarentee 512
K per second. I'll have to look more closely befoer I make the move,
but on the surface, it doesn't look too bad from here. They have
just changed to digital from coaxial cable region wide, so I'll wait
a while to let them iron the out wrinkles. I'm a city dweller, so my
options are fairly broad. Like I said, I got some researching to do
before I make any changes. Maybe you have a cable provider in your
area who provides internet access? Could be worth the look.

Ernie