On Friday 19 September 2003 12:47 pm, cervixcouch wrote:

> > > I tried formatting the floppy as a DOS floppy and was able to
> > > copy files to it.
> > >
> > > But why does it make a difference?

well, I don't recall all the technical mumbo jumbo as it was explained
by Civileme on this list a couple/few years back, but the upshot was
something to the effect that the floppy filesystem format was a dos
thing and as such it's difficult for ext2 to conform.   Where's Tom
Brinkman when you need him?  :)

anyway, I know that ain't much help, but my memory is going...  :)
-s