Aron Smith wrote:

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 16:51, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 19:21, Margot wrote:

Stephen Kuhn wrote:

Who says you can't buy an opinion or create the idea of security? If
you've got more than enough money, you can even kill off your critics!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/971914.asp?0si=-
stephen kuhn - owner

Of course, there are two sides to every story...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1049085,00.html

So Bill's really a Saint, yeah?

Margot

That should be a duty for those with money like that - not just a
charitable thing - a duty. But y'all already know he's doing it to get
good press - charitable events make for good press - and it's a means by
which to show the world he ain't all that evil - even if his products
are.

And it's tax deductable

Also, if you compare the amounts of money involved to Gates' net worth, it's not that different from you or I giving our loose change to a beggar.

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533