On Saturday 27 Sep 2003 11:45 am, Margot wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> >>Some of the former M$ users may already be dead, with no
> >> surviving family to claim their share, and some might not claim
> >> because they'd feel too embarrassed at being "outed" as M$
> >> users, so the shares of the money that could not be applied to
> >> rightful owners would go to the charity!
> >>
> >>Margot
> >
> > And many didn't bother to register their purchases.
> >
> > Anne
>
> But if they've used their M$ packages to access the internet, M$
> knows who they are anyway.... Death is the only escape! ;-)

Over the years I have bought 6 or 7 licenses for home use.  I may have
registered the first one (don't remember for sure) but there is no
reason why they should know about the rest.  I have never used IE or
OE.  I never used M$ updates before the lan was on a router, and
those machines that have used it (2) would both report win98, so
again, they just wouldn't know.  So, when Margot gets her evil way, I
will get recompense for one system, and a charity will get it for the
rest <g>

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302