RichardA wrote:

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:25:27 +0300, robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I'd like to do is a little less drastic than previous posts.  I
use korganizer to access a calendar stored on a remote server, but
this means that whenever I login, KDE presents me with a password
request.  The KDE Control Centre (or Konqueror configuration) insists
that I set a timeout on stored passwords, which is silly considering
that I have the same password stored permanently by other apps (e.g.
ncftp, wvdial).  I know this is a security feature to stop users doing
silly things, but there should also be a workaround for people who are
willing to take risks and sensible enough to take precautions (this
is, after all, a one-user workstation, not a server controlling a
nuclear power station).  So is there a workaround?

Sir Robin

'Expect' seems to do this kind of thing. Perhaps you'd have a script using expect as a wrapper around korganiser?

Would work if I could work out what the signals were, but KDE apps tend not to have a dbug mode. Grrr.

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533