On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 15:07, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> My son-in-law just dumped his Windows2000 after the latest attack
> from virus,  worms and BSODs. I talked him into trying MDK 9.1.
> Everything seemed to go well until he tried to connect. That's
> why it is a little difficult for me to help him out, 'cause we
> are 400 kilometes apart. So - until further progress is made -
> we must communicate over phone line.
>
> His problem is modem related. It is an E-Tech 56K Flex V.90.
> Extern hardware modem. It seems to come with a Rockwell chipset.
> When running drakconnect, he can go as far as to query the
> modem. Then : nothing. No strings, no connection, nada.
>
> I've googled around to no avail. Doesn't show up on the
> compatibility lists, be it Mandrake, RedHat or S.u.S.E.. Some
> posts on mailing lists claims it incompatible, some not.
>
> Questions :
>
> 1. Does anyone here know if it is compatible ?
> 2. If it isn't : what modems are ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kaj Haulrich.
if this is an external serial connected modem, as long as you are
looking at the correct ttySx where x equals the 'real' number of the
serial port you should not be having this problem, does the serial port
have a setting to disable it in bios? what ttyS0 is the config pointing

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org